Monday, June 30, 2014

Summer Fun Bucket Lists

I hate summer vacations. There I said it. I'm sorry but I really do. This is around the only time of the year I really dread being a mom of just or only one, because this means it is up to me and only me, no teachers, no classmates, no older or younger siblings, to make everyday some kind of fun for my five year old. So, being the compulsive pinner that I am, I gathered the best Summer Bucket Lists I could find on Pinterest. I still have one more week of summer camp (and sleeping in till pick-up time at noon) before we set ourselves to actually trying any of these, but I'm guessing they should be fun. Best part of most of them, is you can have great summer fun at little or no cost at all! Apparently fort building, bubble blowing, sprinklers and basically anything that involves throwing water at each other are a sure hit.

If you are feeling inspired and would rather come up with your own Summer Bucket List of things that can be more likely done in your area, you can try your own Summer Fun Brainstorm Session tonight at dinner. Have everyone come up with a number of activities they'd each like to do before Summer's out, jot them down, and toss them in a box or jar. Every day, or okay let's be honest here, every week, each family member gets to randomly pick an activity and everyone can join in the fun. 

Summer bucket lists (which yes, only work if you actually do whatever is on them) are a great way of sharing, bonding, creating priceless memories for the lil' munchkins, and learning to appreciate the simpler joys in life. And hey, who knows? maybe it'll be back to school before you know it! (hello again, mornings to myself...)

Click on the links below each list for more Summer Fun ideas, crafts, freebies, DIY, and recipes


1. For more, check out yellowblissroad.com


2. For other Summer Fun Ideas, visit familysponge.com


3. How great is this weekly schedule? For Bethany's 2014 Summer Bucket List, check out Inthiscrazylife-bethany.blogspot.com


4. Want more 2014 summer fun ideas? Go to MOMS CONFESSION


5. For more crafts and fun stuff, check out BEE PINK


6. For more than 100 creative things to do this summer with your kids, visit Glued to my crafts blog


7. For hundreds of ideas and many other bucket lists check out The DailyDigi


8.  For this and other freebies, go to Laura Winslow Photography


9.  For this awesome list and other great tips on surviving road trips with kids and hot to encourage outdoor play, visit KidtoKid - The Blog

10. For this and more printables, recipes, DIY and projects for kids, visit Christina Williams

XO!

No comments:

Post a Comment