Wednesday, September 18, 2013

FOR THE LOVE OF SAMPLES

www.glossybox.com

By now I've probably over shared my many addictions on L'Art de Vivre, and you've probably reached the same conclusion as I have: this girl needs help! Yet I have no intention of tackling this issue or enforcing self control anytime soon. This one however, I know for sure will resonate amongst my fellow addicts, here's my latest confession: I AM A SAMPLE ADDICT. Beauty samples, makeup samples, perfume samples, you name it. As long as their free and TSA friendly I'll tak'em all!!! You know that annoying customer who is always lurking around Sephora and beauty and makeup counters at department stores harassing employees for samples?...yup, that's me.

I introduce you to my Sample Bowl. One of many laying around in my bathroom, closet, bedroom, guest bedroom, guest bathroom; all over my house in fact, and Oh how my guests love this little treat to welcome their stay (so much I will usually find them half empty upon their departure!) This crystal treasure chest holds sample sized moisturizers, foundations, facial soaps and cleansers, shampoos, conditioners, self-tanners, facial scrubs, makeup removers, mascaras, face masks, teeth whiteners, and all you beauty junkies can thinks about!







Aside from decorating any space, these sample bowls serve many purposes. Whenever I'm in a rush, I'll grab a couple of these babies and apply them on the run. Specially my moisturizer. If I know I'll be having a long day I'll stock up on perfume samples to apply later on in the day, or for a night out right after work. I'll also throw a couple of samples in my makeup bag to always carry them with me, which I'll replace whenever I use them up, and I even have my very own version of an Emergency Kit composed of these tiny lifesavers, which I'll usually leave in my car and office, for that kind of emergencies.

Beauty Samples are a great way of trying new products without committing to a full size bottle (and the full size investment!) In an industry in which every week beauty companies launch new and improved beauty and makeup products, each promising quicker and better results, it's hard to keep up and not give in to the the temptation of trying them all. Samples allow you to try and see for yourself if these are the right products for you. This is how I've discovered many of my favorites over the past few years, and those I shouldn't even bother buying.

Nordstrom has great sample giveaways online. I will usually purchase all my fragrance and makeup favorites online (those which are a recurring purchase only) whenever I see a giveaway going on with any beauty or grooming purchases, just for the samples. Upon entering a promotional code you will have a pick of three to five samples, plus a gorgeous makeup gift bag packed with these treats (sometimes including full sized prods!).

As if mind readers, over the last couple of years Beauty Sampling Services or Beauty Subscription Boxes have become a major DO. Following the wine, cheese or whatever-of-the-month club model, you pay a monthly or annual subscription fee starting from $10 a month up to $220 a year, and you will periodically receive on your doorstep (monthly, twice, thrice a year, or whichever option you choose)  a box full of these goodies (that will best suit your beauty needs according to a profile you must first fill in and submit upon subscription) which will vary in every delivery and will include from high-end most coveted beauty faves to eco-friendly brands.

These are my Beauty Box Top Picks (Click on each):

3. IPSY
5. BEAUTYBOX FIVE

www.birchbox.com

 So what are you waiting for, log in and sample away!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment