Monday, August 12, 2013

SAY YES!!!

Please contact for adequate image crediting
This isn't my usual kind of post, but I should warn you, I will definitely be doing these more often!
Say Yes and you'll figure it out afterwards, I wish I could credit this beautiful image, I know I sure can credit the quote, none other than the very great Tina Fey. I pinned this the other day, and for one reason or another it just stuck with me. In the past few months a number of great opportunities have presented themselves to my door. Opportunities to do fun things I love, for myself. One after the other, I kept saying Yes!, without a clue of what I was doing or getting myself into. This series of events got me thinking about the past few years of my life...

Until recently, I thought I had done nothing to deserve anything good that happened to me, and in that thought laid everything that has been wrong with my life up until this moment. I realized I've been in a place of No for too long. I had my heart filled with resentment and pride. I was making it through each day, but I wasn't really making the best out of it, or myself for that matter. Mostly because I was filled with negative thoughts and feelings, about myself, my body, my family, my career, my marriage, motherhood, my life in general. I had a few serious health scares, including the scariest of them all: the Big C; and even those didn't bring me out of this dark place of No. On the very contrary, I was convinced I deserved them.

A few months ago I had that AHA moment. I wish I could make it all Hollywood for you but it just wasn't the case. I didn't hear any voices (well maybe I did but I think that was the wine again...), it wasn't a divine revelation of some sort, I didn't go all Julia Roberts in EAT.PRAY.LOVE for a year, I was just in a really good place and really good things were happening to me (in fact I had been for quite a while now and just wasn't willing to accept it), and one day it crossed my mind that maybe, just maybe, I actually deserved them.

Today, I'm probably in the same place I was three years ago. I have the same loving husband, the same loving wonderful kid, the same supportive sisters, the very same mother and father who helped me become who I am today, the same home, I'm healthy, I'm full of life and love, the only difference is today I'm sure I deserve it all. I'm a good person. At least I try to be most of the time. I am a firm believer life hands you back exactly what you give, and for too long I had been holding back. The moment I realized I was capable of giving light and love, my days, and everything I did and received, were filled with them multiplied in ways I never even thought possible.

A couple of weeks ago one of my best friends invited me as partner to buy an art gallery. I know nothing about art, except that I like it, at least most of it. At the time, I had no budget for this business, I still don't have a clue about running an art gallery or dealing art, but I said Yes! Today we are the proud and very much broke owners of an art gallery, and every morning I wake up with someplace to be, something to do and love...somehow, now it's just easier for me to get up every morning!

I'm involved in a great cause with wonderful people to fight a terrible disease. I am writing, a lot. In fact, all I do is write, I don't know if I'm any good at it but it's a great way to channel my thoughts, feelings and energy. I've retaken my life dream of writing a book and have now landed on some ideas.  I'm addicted to this site you should totally check out www.sensophy.com . I'm painting, mostly for my brown eyes only, but hey you never know, maybe one day ... 

I can't even pretend to be a life coach or sit here and write about how to live your life in that happy place... God knows I need a life coach myself! but I can assure you that if you let go of past fears and hurts, embrace who you are, let go of who you aren't, thank constantly, love unconditionally and forgive eternally, not only good things, but GREAT things will come knocking at your door!

I think by now you've all guessed where this is going: I said Yes! to life, and life said Yes! right back!

Please contact for adequate image crediting

No comments:

Post a Comment